i smile

Photo by Jacqueline Munguía on Unsplash



the way you know exactly when

            to reach for my hand

                        or my head

       or my back

                  or any part of me

                                    like you read my mind

                              you know

 

                                                                        the

                                                              smell of cookies

                                                      mixed with cleaner

                                                                             and cinnamon

or pine scented candles

                                           lights that blink and

                  wrapping paper strewn

               across the floor.

 

loud bangs

and flashes of lights

the night sky resembling midday

for only a second

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular Posts